Cakewalk released Z3TA+ (zay’-ta) 2 synthesizer making it a special treat for all fans as this was a very long-awaited application.
If you are new to Z3TA+, then you should know that it is one of the best and most respected software synthesizers in the industry due to its exclusive Bandlimited Waveshaping technology. Z3TA+ is oriented to the professional musician and sound programmer looking for uncompromised sound quality and features.
Cakewalk created for Z3TA+ 2 a redesigned user interface, deeper editing controls, new effects, superior sound quality and a new collection of sounds from world renown sound designers.
Z3ta+ 2 Arpeggios and Sequences
Z3ta+ 2 Lead Sounds
Z3ta+ 2 Pad Sounds
Z3ta+ 2 Keyboard and Bass Sounds
Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2 Features
- Waveshaper is now an integral part of the Oscillator section with 4 new Waveshaping modes. All Waveshapers are now accessible via the modulation matrix opening up an enormous amount of new sound shaping possibilities.
- 4 new Filter modes bringing the total to 14 filter modes with separation control for tweaking resonance peaks on stacked filters. Both filters are readily accessible and visible simultaneously.
- New Graphically controlled Envelopes providing visual representation of all envelopes, mouse controlled ADSR, and improved naming and interface arrangement.
- New Graphical LFOs clearly show the resulting LFO shapes when morphing between two waves and the new AMOUNT fader quickly scales an LFO’s intensity.
- New Graphical Arp provides visual display of Arp patterns, including 100 new patterns from Dance MIDI Samples. 50 new ‘Gate’ patterns, also from Dance MIDI Samples, instantly apply trance gates to synth pads and leads while Humanize and Swing controls increase total Arp flexibility and expression.
- Effects enhancements include: Simple drag and drop routing of all effects, new Hypertube distortion algorithm, and highly flexible distortion module routing (apply to filter busses and master section or both simultaneously).
- Real-time Expression is enhanced with Adaptive Pitch Bend which allows for the bending of notes within the key and mode performed; automatically learns key based on performance.
- All Waveshapers can be mapped to the modulation matrix opening up a whole new world of expression when mapped to velocity and bend controls.
- XY Pad speed control allows users to adjust the morphing speed of XY coordinates.
- Z3TA+’s legendary sound engine has been improved with a new ‘HIGHEST’ SRC algorithm providing smoother, more accurate interpolation of wavetables.
- Layout is rearranged with numerous usability improvements.
- Menu items now show graphical previews (oscillator shapes, velocity curves, etc).
- New extended ribbon controller with latch (Shift-click).
- Menus are revamped with clearer organization and descriptions.
Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2 Price & Availability
- Z3TA+ 2 has an estimated street price of $99/€99/£89 (VAT inclusive) and is available since August 4, 2011.
- If you already own Z3TA+, SONAR X1 Studio or SONAR X1 Producer, the upgrade to Z3TA+ 2 will be available for a special price ( we just find out that it will be 49$ :O )
- Customers who purchase Z3TA+ 1.5 starting July 18, 2011 will get a free upgrade to Z3TA+ 2 when it becomes available.
More info: http://www.cakewalk.com/products/z3ta/