GForce Software released the very long awaited (to the point of hatred for some fans) successor to the multi-award winning impOSCar, impOSCar 2. ImpOSCar is an outstanding software emulation (at component level) of the rare and classic OSCar synthesizer, but it’s so much better than the original with features such as: polyphony, on-board effects, velocity & aftertouch, screaming filters etc. The wait is over and it was worth it!
As impOSCar is also my favorites synthesizer, I have also created sounds bank for it: SYN ImpOSCar Sounds
Watch the teaser video and you’ll see a guy that’s actually crying when hearing how impOSCar 2 sounds 😉
GForce ImpOSCar 2 Features
- Two Oscillators & 13 Waveforms
- New Mono Unison and Poly Unison Modes
- New Aux Mod Section with comprehensive routing
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix Grid
- Nine Filter Types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation.
- New Chord Memory and single note retrigger
- 6 Portamento modes with new Unison glide voice spread
- New Unison Voice Pan
- New Note Pan Modes
- Programmable Velocity Responses and New Aftertouch
- Improved Arpeggiator
- New Instrument and Effects Versions
- Small, Regular or Large Interface Sizes
- New Ring Modulator
- New Chorus Modes
- 1000+ Patch library featuring sounds created by original OSCar users inc Billy Currie (Ultravox), Darren Price & Rick Smith (Underworld) & Paul Wiffen (the original OSCar sound designer and programmer for Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre).
Price of impOSCar2 full version is €139.00 (plus VAT where applicable), while an upgrade from impOSCar to impOSCar2 is: €59.00 (plus VAT where applicable) and is only available directly from GForce Software shop.
More info, audio demos and downloads: GForce Software.